- Category: Genealogy
- Created on Saturday, 10 February 2007 12:49
• an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of two entities or parts together
• In relational model: In some context, relation means relation variable. In another context, relation means relation value.
• In mathematics, a binary relation on a set A is a collection of ordered pairs of elements of A. In other words, it is a subset of the Cartesian product A2 = . More generally, a binary relation between two sets A and B is a subset of . ...
• a relation between people; (`relationship' is often used where `relation' would serve, as in `the relationship between inflation and unemployment', but the preferred usage of `relationship' is for human relations or states of relatedness); "the relationship between mothers and their children"
• An archaeological relationship is the position in space and by implication, in time, of an object or context with respect to another. This is determined, not by linear measurement but by determining the sequence of their deposition - which arrived before the other. The key to this is stratigraphy.
• Connection or association; the condition of being related; Kinship; being related by blood or marriage; A romantic or sexual involvement; The level or degree of affinity between keys, chords and tones
We should understand the relation between two people in a family and what it is called. Every relationship between two individual have different name, for example relationship between married man and women, men is husband of the women and women is wife of the men. Here the name of the relation is husband and wife.
Following are few more examples:
• son - male of parents
• daughter - female of parents
• sister - female born of same parents
• brother - male born of same parents
• husband - male in marriage
• wife - female in marriage
• father - male parent of children
• mother - female parent of children
• grandfather - male parent of children's parent
• grandmother - female parent of children's parent
• great-grandfather - male parent of children's children's parent
• great-grandmother - female parent of children's children's parent
• uncle - brother of children's parent
• aunt - sister of children's parent
• niece - daughter of sister or brother
• nephew - son of sister or brother
- Next >>